Yesterday I was back in the studio playing with some of the hand dyed fabric (read 'wipe up rags') I made the day before. Hanging to dry, they look pretty messy, but there are so many wonderful treasures within that mess!
I had prepared these backgrounds a while ago, and was planning to create some floral quilts similar to the one I did last year, but when I saw these pieces of fabric I was inspired to use it to make some flowers and leaves. I started with simple, rough circles (randomly cut by hand to avoid that perfectly round look).
I drew one line as a guide for the stem and then went to the machine to start thread sketching. I love how the black thread sketching just makes it pop. I still have to quilt the background and then finish the edges. This is the first in a small series of four.
This morning, I finished another page in my 'Letter Loving' journal. I really like the torn paper edges on this page.