Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Blossoms Finally Finished


Several weeks ago, while making background papers for some journaling, I posted about the beginnings of these little art quilts. 

I cut very simple shapes to represent the flowers and leaves and used a background of neutral scraps.












Black thread sketching at the machine further defined the flowers, leaves and stems.  This is the stage at which these pieces sat for many weeks as I worked on other projects.  I obviously took these pictures under very different lighting conditions.  The newest photos, showing the finished pieces (below) show the accurate colours.  

I finally got around to quilting the neutral areas and I decided I would mount the pieces onto another simple quilted background.  I started auditioning some backgrounds for these pieces using some of my hand-dyed fabrics and I settled on four different colours. 
Although the photos don't show it well, there are two fairly different blues, as well as the green and the purple. 

6 comments:

  1. I love them. What a good use of black stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. I love the pop that you get with black thread sketching.

      Delete

I love to hear what you think . Thanks for your comment .

I've had to add moderation because of a lot of spam, but your message will be posted soon. Thank you!
Linda