A while ago I saw a tutorial for a cute little 'fortune cookie bag' on Claude Larson's blog. Since I had so much fun with the Angie Hughes technique I used for the journal cover I recently made, I thought I'd use it for this bag.
I started with some lace I had, layering it over the cotton foundation. The circles were cut from a bit of a J-cloth that I had on my work table.
Some yarn was machine couched around the edge of the circles and then I did some free motion stitching all over the piece.
I've used a metallic copper colour for the circles and then painted the rest with turquoise and a little purple.
Once the paint dries I'll be able to start putting the bag together. I'll show you the finished bag in a couple of days.
Thanks for stopping by today!