Since then, I've spent a few hours working hard to get the background machine quilted. When that was finished I made a whole lot of French knots to add some additional texture to the dupioni silk that is the background of this piece.
And, here it is, finished and mounted over a stretched canvas. I'm very happy with how it turned out, and wish that the photo did it justice.
Below are a couple of detail shots. This finishes a fifth UFO. I am so glad Tracey gave us the challenge that she did because I've really been tidying up a lot of outstanding pieces. I still have four other UFOs to finish plus the three new pieces that I have in the works, all of which I started in the last month.
It's funny to think that when I first started to quilt in 1999 I did one quilt, from beginning to end, before I started another project. Now, I can't imagine staying that focused on one thing! Add in my art journalling and photography and I just have to laugh...